LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit an Area Supervisor to be based from our head office in Edmonton.
As the Area Supervisor you will be responsible ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the Reuse & Recycling Centres (RRC) and associated at all times in compliance with all legal and contractual requirements and Company procedures.
You will also be required as the Area Supervisor to stand in for Site Supervisors & Contracts Manager as and when required.
As the Area Supervisor you will be responsible for:
· To ensure the RRC operations are compliant with the respective site Environmental Permits and conditions.
· Carrying out daily site inspections and reporting findings to applicable persons.
· Assist in ensuring that all issues relating to the Environment Agency including Waste Tonnage returns are dealt with appropriately and recorded.
· Supervising all staff to ensure safe practices are adhered to at all times.
· Assist in the review and update of Health and Safety documentation and practices as required.
· Assist the Contracts Manager in managing the operations of the RRC site such that they operate efficiently.
· Assist the Contracts Manager “in managing and controlling expenditure”
· Controlling all areas of site operations in accordance with contractual requirements and take remedial action as appropriate.
· Covering the site supervisors’ duties as and when required.
· Ensure the safe and efficient operation of all vehicles and mobile plant on sites.
· Make proposals for business development and efficiency improvement relating to all site activities and ensure that such improvements are undertaken effectively as appropriate.
· Complete all operational reports on time.
· Support the Contracts Manager in community liaison activities and site visits
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must hold a COTC suitable for running CA sites (HROC4, MCOC14, 4TSH)
- Previous experience of working in a Waste Operations environment.
- Strong people management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills particularly in dealing with the public.
- Flexible in relation to working at different RRC sites as necessary and in accordance with the required working hours and rota.
- Current driving license and hold the required competency certificate for operating mobile plant.
- Be a competent user of Microsoft (Word and Excel)
- Must hold a valid UK drivers license.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough waste from energy to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.