LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a E&I Maintenance Technician for our Head office in North London, Edmonton.
As the E&I Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the maintenance of the electrical and instrumentation equipment at our various sites across North London.
The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for minimal downtime and to minimise machine breakdowns by ensuring an affect PPM process is in place on all associated electrical and instrumentation machinery and equipment.
As the E&I Maintenance Technician you are also responsible for:
- Providing an efficient breakdown repair service. Diagnosing running faults and ensuring effective repairs and improvements are conducted within minimum time scale.
- To implement PPM on Electrical and Instrumentation equipment, minimize machine breakdowns and reduce lead times.
- Carrying out installation work to the required standards
- Completing routine inspection and undertake preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
- To liaise with the outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work
- To ensure that all statutory obligations are continuously met
- To conduct and undergo relevant training
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- NVQ level 3 or Trade certificate
- Electrical experience in a heavy-duty industrial environment e.g. power station or equivalent
- Be a highly skilled candidate who has worked on a large-scale installation and PPM work
- Experience in analysis and repair of pneumatic systems
- Experience in PLC controlled equipment (ideally Allen Bradley)
- Experience in variable speed drives
- The ability to demonstrate a logical and systematic approach to fault-finding with relevant technical experience in repair, installation and PPM work in heavy process industry, this may constitute working through electrical drawings to rectify problems
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough energy from waste to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.