As a HGV class 2 Driver at LondonEnergy you will be responsible for servicing our reuse and recycling centres around North London. Transferring waste between our centres and our waste transfer stations in Islington, Wembley and the Eco Park in Edmonton.
With opportunities to train as a transport planner or to become a HGV class 1 driver, LondonEnergy is a great company for development and progression.
At LondonEnergy we give you everything you need to make your job as enjoyable, comfortable and stress free as possible.
We provide you with a truck that is fitted with the latest safety equipment and provide training that will give you the skills and confidence to drive around London in a safe and courteous manner, positively reflecting LondonEnergy’s highly focussed safety culture.
As a professional HGV Driver you will also be responsible for:
- Completing daily vehicle checks and reporting vehicle defects in line with company policy, ensuring no unsafe vehicle leaves the yard
- Driving in a safe and considerate manner, always remembering you are representing LondonEnergy whilst on the road.
- Maintaining accurate reporting of vehicle operation by ensuring all tachograph related regulations are adhered to.
- Attending any training, inductions, toolbox talks and driver meetings when required
- Reporting all hazards and near misses through our incident reporting app
You will need the following:
- Previous HGV class 2 Driving experience (within the waste industry and/or on a hooklift vehicle is a bonus!)
- Hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
- Hold a valid digi-tacho card and be able to adhere to WTD and EU Driver hours rules
- Have a positive attitude, be approachable and reliable!
- FORS Safe Urban Driving Training would be preferred but not essential
In return LondonEnergy will give you:
- Competitive rates of pay- Salary currently £30,229
- A yearly pay rise, guaranteed for the next 4 years
- A yearly bonus (non-contractual)
- 28 days holiday
- Private medical
- Paid driver medicals
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Great driver facilities at all LondonEnergy owned sites
- New, highly spec’d vehicles
- Discounted bistro serving both hot and cold food