LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative to support our Facilities and Estates team based at our head office in Edmonton, North London.
The Maintenance Operative will be responsible ensuring the overall upkeep of the EcoPark from cleaning and maintain plant, buildings, and grounds to provide a safe and efficient environment.
As the Maintenance Operative you are also responsible for:
- General labouring duties including removal of dirt and detritus from the site’s grounds utilising sweeping, hosing, shovelling, and cleaning using a range of mechanical equipment and operating small mobile plant and forklift truck.
- Carrying out loading and unloading as required using appropriate equipment, as necessary.
- Undertaking decorating tasks e.g. painting as required.
- Maintaining tools and equipment in good condition.
- Carrying out portering duties as directed, including portage of dangerous substances.
- Undertaking any other appropriate work as directed, including recycling projects.
- Completing appropriate documentation relating to planned maintenance system.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of Laboring in either an industrial or building and civil engineering environment
- Willing to work in all weather
- A full driving license is essential
- Experience of operating a small plant is an advantage.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough waste from energy to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.