LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician to be based at our head office in Edmonton, North London.
As a Maintenance Technician you will responsible for cleaning and maintaining plant, buildings and grounds etc. in order to provide the conditions for the safe and efficient operation of the energy plant.
As the Maintenance Technician you are also responsible for:
- Carrying out lubrication of machines and plant and assist qualified Technician to conduct their machine servicing role.
- Actively conduct minor repairs to serviceable equipment (rejointing of pipework, replacing of grease nipples, tightening of flanges)
- Assisting the MMD Technicians in task completion in all operational areas.
- General laboring duties including removal of dirt from within the plant and surrounding grounds utilising sweeping, hosing, shovel and cleaning using a range of mechanical equipment and operating all mobile plant and forklift truck.
- Undertaking maintenance duties in accordance with procedures, RAMS, manuals and checklists.
- Maintaining tools, equipment, lifting equipment.
- Maintaining the site standard across all operational areas.
- Carry out the duties of the Operator/Technician in their absence.
- Operate Forklift truck, overhead crane and pendant crane.
- Completing appropriate documentation relating to planned maintenance system
- Assisting the department during outage periods to ensure timely return to service of plant.
- Reporting and rectifying any Health and Safety related incidents within the department and general site.
- Completing the appropriate documentation attributing to task completion on the Company’s maintenance system.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have a high level of determination to complete tasks
- Take a high level of interest in tasks assigned, with ownership and accountability for the tasks.
- Must have availability for response to being “called in” outside of normal working hours.
- Must be aware of and adhere to safe working practices.
- Previous experience working in a workshop would be ideal.
- Experience working as a handyman or Labourer within a technical based field.
- Experience working within an industrial environment.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough energy from waste to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.