LondonEnergy is currently looking to recruit a Marketing & Communications Intern on a 12 month fixed term contract, to be based at our head office in North London.
As Marketing & Communications Intern, this will ideally be your first role and is an excellent opportunity to support the communications and marketing department in creating and promoting compelling content using various communications methods, including articles, blogs, and videos, with the support of an external copywriter.
This role would suit someone who has recently completed their studies in Communications or Public Relations (A-Level / Degree or equivalent) and is looking for their first role in Communications. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in Internal Communications and what this can involve.
As the Marketing & Communications Intern you will work across all areas to assist the business in delivering its business objectives and support employee engagement, you are also responsible for:
- Capture, create and write compelling and engaging stories from across the business to promote our values internally and externally
- Assisting with managing employee communication channels to align with the broader company strategy and business priorities
- Developing and execute internal and external communications campaigns
- Assisting and organising internal events.
- Supporting the running and promotion of the monthly employee Pulse Survey and Annual engagement survey
- Assist with the creation of communication planning procedures
- Produce content and maintain the company's social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) by creating and scheduling posts.
- Maintaining and updating the company’s Intranet and website, with the latest insights, keeping it fresh and constantly evolving
- Suggesting new and innovative ways of delivering content and keep up to date with the latest digital communication trends
Knowledge and Experience:
- Studying or recently completed a qualification in Communications, Public Relations or a related field.
- Ability to draft compelling and engaging content
- Able to utilise a range of communication tools and channels
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise, with strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to demonstrate good judgement, ability to remain calm under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to, work independently and meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate: with basic to intermediate working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Forms and Sharepoint (essential). Exposure to Canva and Co-Schedule (desirable).
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough energy from waste to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.