LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineering Manager to lead our Mechanical Maintenance Department in Edmonton, North London.
As the Mechanical Engineering Manager, you will ensure practical engineering solutions are implemented, both planned maintenance and breakdown, to maintain the effective operation of all plant and associated equipment.
You will actively participate with others in the pre planning of major Boiler and Turbine shutdowns and during these periods keep abreast of all activities in order to revise the programme according to whatever unforeseen repair and maintenance is necessary.
The Mechanical Engineering manager is also responsible for ensuring clear budgetary costings are developed for each maintenance/engineering activity and are delivered within budget/forecast.
As our Mechanical Engineering Manager, you are also responsible for:
- Enhancing, managing and monitoring the Planned Preventative Maintenance Programme to ensure periodic maintenance is achieved within budgeted costs and review on a continuous basis the appropriateness of existing routines and implement new routines where necessary.
- Ensuring statutory inspection of plant under Pressure Systems Regulations and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations are planned for and initiated in a timely manner considering due date and plant availability.
- Propose technically competent and commercially feasible solutions to minimise plant breakdown.
- Assist staff in problem solving and developing effective engineering solutions.
- Conduct delegated Project work ensuring that planned outcomes are achieved.
- With the Planning working group, ensure that the outage programme is achieved or bettered in respect of duration of downtime and cost.
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Monitor on-going and project maintenance expenditure explaining any variances and minimising these.
- Recommend and implement actions to generate cost savings as necessary.
- Generate specifications for changes and sub-contract work and, with the Planning and Purchasing function heads, produce tender documents, produce budgets and estimates as directed by the manager.
- Provide direction, guidance, motivation and leadership to all personnel under his/her control.
- Recognise excellent performance and ensure that underperformance is addressed.
- Identify training needs and implement training as required in conjunction with the HR function, including self development and training others.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree or Higher National Diploma / Certificate or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline (mechanical or electrical)
- Detailed knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, guidance and systems, and other relevant Regulations
- Ability to manage a team and motivate them to deliver service above the minimum.
- Experience of designing, costing and managing implementation of large process engineering improvements.
- In depth technical and operational experience to oversee effective maintenance and commissioning plans implemented.
- Demonstrable experience of drafting accurate budgets and delivering actual costs in line with them and analysing, reporting and addressing variances.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough energy from waste to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.