LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a Mobile Plant Operative to work at our Bulky Waste Recycling Facility, located at our head office in Edmonton, North London.
As the Mobile Plant Operative will be responsible for the safe control of traffic and vehicles within our bulk and loading areas, ensuring the effective treatment, transfer and deposit of waste of the Bulky Waste Recycling Facility.
The Mobile plant Operative will be operating mobile and static plant machinery to load, unload, store and inspect waste and collected recyclables.
As a Mobile Plant Operative, you are also responsible for:
- Ensuring that all operational plant (both mobile and static) is maintained in accordance with company procedures and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Assist plant fitters in changing worn parts as required and replacing worn parts as necessary.
- Carrying out daily routine maintenance checks of all plant & machinery, monitoring of site to ensure environmental protection.
- Operating mobile plant and screening plant to receive, sort and segregate waste from depositing vehicles, recovering recyclable materials.
- Contain and dispose of any spillages as appropriate, ensuring the tipping area floors are always kept free of debris.
- Ensure the working area is cleaned on a regular basis or as required, using hand tools as necessary.
- Carrying out appropriate duties including manual labouring tasks as and when required thus ensuring the effective and safe operation of the site.
- Liaising with the site manager and company management as well as site users to ensure operational problems are dealt with as they may arise.
- Covering other plant operators duties if required, prior notice will be given where possible.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to identify and report health and safety defects, with a focus and dedication to following safety protocols
- Ability to work at height
- Able to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and work flexibly and efficiently without constant supervision.
- Should have a full clean diving licence.
- Certificate for plant operation for both 360 excavator above 10t & Wheeled Loading Shovel above 10t. (desirable)
- Previous experience of waste disposal facilities is desirable
- Good written English skills
- Willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough energy from waste to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.