LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a Waste Operations Apprentice to join an existing vibrant team at our head office in North London, Edmonton.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is looking to develop and train within the waste to energy sector, with a desire to succeed.
As the Waste Operations Apprentice, you will be trained within a cross section of the various Waste Operations business in order to create an awareness of the different roles. These would all be based at LondonEnergy sites across North London.
The Waste Operations Apprentice will support the operation of our Recycling Centres (RRC) and Waste Transfer Stations (WTS), working alongside LondonEnergy operators to safely and compliantly deal with North London’s waste and recycling.
As the Waste Operations Apprentice you will be supporting on the following:
· Working alongside an experienced RRC operator to support the operation of one of our Recycling Centres.
· Work alongside an experienced WTS traffic controller to help direct borough vehicles to the right location on site to tip their waste.
· Help with waste inspections and housekeeping tasks to ensure we deal with the disposed waste in the right way, safely and compliantly.
· Learn about the health and safety aspects of working in an operational environment.
· Work alongside a weighbridge supervisor to support with maintaining accurate records of all of waste and recycling that is delivered to site.
· Liaise with the Waste Operations management team and Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental (HSQE) team to ensure we run the sites within the conditions of the environmental permit and legislation.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Good communication skills.
· A commitment to undertake training as deemed necessary to improve and update knowledge and skills.
· Experience of customer-facing roles
· Desire for or experience of liaising with third party suppliers or contractors.
The Waste Operations Apprentice programme will last for a period of 12 months.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do. By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough waste from energy
to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.