LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a Site Coordinator to be based at our EcoPark in Edmonton, North London.
As the Site Coordinator, you will be the point of contact for Contractors working in and around the EcoPark as part of the LEL/NHLPP projects, whilst assisting with NLHPP projects. Liaison with the Contractor during the programme of works.
You will liaison with LondonEnergy Operational teams where works are taking place on at our site which could result in operational changes to ensure these are planned and implemented as agreed.
Ensuring that the Contractor, its employees and agents understand the requirements of working on LondonEnergy sites. Arranging for appropriate paperwork, safety system, inductions and RAMS are undertaken.
As the Site Co-ordinator, you are also responsible for:
- To maintain accurate, up to date records of all works undertaken on site. Informing the NHLPP Projects Manager daily.
- To report all accidents, incidents or good behaviours at the earliest opportunity using the appropriate systems.
- Take responsibility for organising and maintaining project files and folders
- To work with Contractors on site by attending daily briefings with the Contractors team on site and cascading information as required.
- Working with Contractors to ensure that they are following the LEL Site Rules and always operating safely. Holding interventions with Contractors if needed.
- Acting as a communications resource between LEL and the Contractor before, during and after works on site. Preparing notifications to LEL Departments and staff notifying works planned, duration and any anticipated disruption and mitigation being planned.
- To contribute significantly to medium, and short-term project planning, and monitoring of activities to continually evolve higher standards.
- Attend planning and mobilisation meetings with Contractors, to ensure that they are planning and operating in accordance with LEL requirements.
- Identify opportunities for project delivery improvements and make recommendations to the NHLPP Projects Manager
- Produce reports of any activities which do not follow LEL procedures and assist with any investigations which might result from these.
- Preparing and submitting project updates for the teams within clearly defined timescales, and for presenting information in team meetings, and other similar events.
- Liaising with the NLHPP Project Manager responsible for the works.
- Work to assist the NHLPP projects in delivering its required outcomes whilst preventing unexpected disruption to LEL operations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safe Working at Height
- Working on Construction Projects CSCS Card & SMSTS (Desirable)
- Good understanding of Health & Safety (IOSH Managing Safely - Desirable)
- Asbestos Awareness
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- A flexible and proactive approach to cope with constantly changing priorities Good IT skills
- Driving License
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do.
By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough energy from waste to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.