LondonEnergy are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Health and Safety Advisor to support our Health and Safety operations based at our head office in Edmonton, North London.
As the Trainee Health and Safety Advisor will support our Health and Safety department whilst learning on the job. You will ideally have previous experience in a health and safety environment, recently graduated with a degree in Health and Safety Management, or studying towards a NEBOSH qualification
The role of Trainee Health and Safety Advisor will require you to be on-site on a day-to-day bases with frequent travel to our waste transfer or recycle centres in North London.
As a Trainee Health and Safety Advisor you will work and train in the following areas:
- Risks and hazards associated with waste industry (Traffic management, fire, working at height, confined spaces’, etc).
- Gain understanding the requirement for CDM
- Gain understanding the requirement for permitting systems
- Support risk assessments and review method statements for others.
- Support the monitoring of contractor health and safety arrangements.
- Identify hazards, advise upon and coordinate risk reduction opportunities.
- Support the preparation of H&S reports regularly and on ad hoc base as required.
- Write risk assessments and advise managers/supervisors with them preparing area/task specific risk assessments.
- Monitor changes of legislation regarding H&S, occupational health, CDM and anything else that could affect the H&S performance of the LEL sites
Knowledge and Experience:
- Previous Health and Safety working environment (Beneficial)
- Health and Safety qualification or recent graduate.
- Studying towards NEBOSH (Advantageous)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- IT skills – Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
- Full UK driver’s license
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling, and processing nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste every year. We have a dedicated team of people working across North London making a difference to the environment and the local community from the work we do. By processing household waste at our facility, we produce enough energy from waste to power 80,000 homes every year and recycle 70% of items through our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
If this position is of interest, please forward your cv in the first instance and one of the team will be back in touch to discuss your application.